Translate My Blog

Monday, 8 October 2012

The Nutcracker











This year I'm very disorganised and i just started my Xmas stitching. I decided to make this lovely nutcracker ornament or it could be used as a pincushion.  This was a lot of work, i didnt realize just how much stitching was involved.  There was also a lot of back stitching too!  There is also some cross stitches in metallic gold, so he does have a bit of sparkle in him :o)  
Its 4.5 inches tall and about 2 inches wide when standing in the upright  position.   You can find this chart in the 1987 Cross Stitch and Country Crafts Nov/Dec issue.
Not sure who will end up with this, but also decided to make a few more of them for gifts.
Hope you like the pics.
luv from Olga.

11 comments:

Loretta said...

I am a big Nutcracker fan and I love this one. You did a great job.

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

Love this! Digging out the old magazines tonight!

Deb said...

I think that he was worth the effort. He is definitely a great piece!

Lisa V said...

Oh WOW, what an amazing finish!!!
Congrats.

Cristina said...

Simply gorgeous. I have never seen a cross stitched Nutcracker, but fell in love with your little man. Congrats.

KC'sCourt! said...

He looks rather lovely.
Julie xxxxxxx

Evelyne said...

I love this nutcracker. I will make it for my grandchild for Christmas.
I looking for the magazine.

Thanks for sharing!
Evelyne http://eefsneedle.blogspot.com

Evelyne said...

21Wow i love this nutcracker.
I will make this for my grandchild.
Thank you for sharing.
You make beautiful things.

Have a nice stitching week, Evelyne

http://eefsneedle.blogspot.com

Paula said...

nutcrackers beautiful as I can get the patterns?, been a long time but you tell me how to get them?. Thank you.

danielle said...

I love this nutcracker. Tried to buy the magazine but it seems it is not possible anymore.
You did a wonderful work.
Danielle
gauvin@noos.fr

danielle said...

I love your nutcracker. I tried to buy the magazine but it seems it is not possible anymore.
You did a fantastic work.
Danielle
gauvin@noos.fr